1/1 Photo of Melt in Your Mouth Blueberry Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This recipe was submitted to the cookbook by Beth Kryston.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg whites until stiff. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar to keep them stiff.
- 2Cream shorting; add salt and vanilla.
- 3Add remaining sugar gradually.
- 4Add unbeaten egg yolks and beat until light and creamy.
- 5Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- 6Fold in beaten egg whites.
- 7Fold in fresh blueberries (use a bit of the flour in recipe to roll the blueberries so they don't settle).
- 8Turn into a greased 8 x 8-inch pan.
- 9Sprinkle top with sugar.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt in Your Mouth Blueberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (904 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2698.9
- Calories from Fat 1060
- Total Fat 117.8 g
- Saturated Fat 30.9 g
- Cholesterol 434.3 mg
- Sodium 1130.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 380.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 223.2 g
- Protein 36.2 g