Found this in the Kraft Food & Family and I thought this would be great for the holidays! I love the idea of the layers being visible through a clear casserole dish if possible.
- 4 large white potatoes, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 8 ounces chive & onion cream cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place white and sweet potatoes in separate bowls.
- Add half each of the cream cheese and sour cream to the potatoes in each bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Mash with potato masher or fork until creamy.
- Stir half of the parmesan into the bowl of white potato mix.
- Mix half of the cheddar cheese into the bowl of sweet potatoes.
- Alternately layer half each of the white potato mixture and sweet potato mixture in a 2 qt clear glass casserole dish.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and continue baking 5 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
Love the flavor mixture and the family enjoyed the potatoes. Mine was a bit dry when mashing and so I added some milk. Will definitely make again!
In one word...WOW!! The entire family praised the dish during holiday meals. The more cheese, the merrier :-)!!
YUM! I used plain cream cheese and halved the amount, and still found it to be very tasty. I paired this with the, Yes, Virginia there is a great meatloaf! and the family loved it! Thanks.