These are some awesome spuds. Got the recipe from "Epicourious.com." These are so addicting! I could make a meal of this alone!
- Cook potatoes and garlic in a large pot filled with boiling, salted water until potatoes are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, return potatoes and garlic to the same pot.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 cup butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chopped prosciutto and 3/4 teaspoon minced rosemary.
- Sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add prosciutto mixture and 3/4 cup milk to potatoes and garlic.
- Mash well, adding more milk by tablespoonfuls if potatoes are too dry.
- Mix in 3/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with additional fresh rosemary, if desired.
Yooper, you said it all, these spuds truly are awesome, addictive and could be a meal on their own. We ate them tonight, and didn't alter a thing in the recipe. I'm seeking out great potato recipes, and these are way up at the top of my list. Thanks.
Delicous these are the best mashed potatoes ever made everything as stated and my whole family loved it!!Thanks yooper!!
Definitely rich, but yum-my, even using old-school US bacon instead of prosciutto