These are some awesome spuds. Got the recipe from "Epicourious.com." These are so addicting! I could make a meal of this alone!
- Cook potatoes and garlic in a large pot filled with boiling, salted water until potatoes are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, return potatoes and garlic to the same pot.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 cup butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chopped prosciutto and 3/4 teaspoon minced rosemary.
- Sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add prosciutto mixture and 3/4 cup milk to potatoes and garlic.
- Mash well, adding more milk by tablespoonfuls if potatoes are too dry.
- Mix in 3/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with additional fresh rosemary, if desired.