This is great to serve on the day or to use as a make ahead meal. Why wait for the holidays to roast turkey! Makes for great sandwiches, Turkey Taco Salads, Casseroles, or Turkey Tortilla Soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For marinade, combine lime peel, lime juice, tequila, the 3 Tbs orange juice or tequila, the oil, salt, and pepper.
- 2Place turkey breast in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a large bowl.
- 3Pour marinade over turkey.
- 4Seal bag; turn to coat breast.
- 5Marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 6Lift turkey breast from bag, reserving 1 cup of the marinade, cover reserved marinade and refrigerate until ready to make sauce.
- 7Discard any remaining marinade.
- 8Place turkey, skin side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 9Insert a meat thermometer into thickest part of the breast, without touching bone.
- 10Roast, uncovered in a 325F oven for 2 1/4-2 1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 170F.
- 11Transfer turkey to a cutting board, cover with foil.
- 12Let stand 10-15 minutes before carving Meanwhile, for margarita sauce, in a small saucepan stir the reserved marinade into cornstarch.
- 13Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- 14To serve, thinly slice 1/3 of the turkey breast.
- 15Serve with the margarita sauce.
- 16Cut up and store remaining turkey as follows: Divide remaining turkey breast in half.
- 17Cube half (about 2 cups); shred the other half (about 2 cups) Place cube and shredded turkey in separate self-sealing plastic bags or freezer bags.
- 18Seal and refrigerate up to 3 days or label and freeze up to 3 months.
- 19*This turkey is great for Turkey Taco Salad or Turkey Tortilla Soup!
- 20Before using, thaw turkey overnight in refrigerator, if frozen.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margarita Roast Turkey Breast - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (727 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1116.1
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 442.2 mg
- Sodium 547.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 149.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: