Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is great to serve on the day or to use as a make ahead meal. Why wait for the holidays to roast turkey! Makes for great sandwiches, Turkey Taco Salads, Casseroles, or Turkey Tortilla Soup!
- For marinade, combine lime peel, lime juice, tequila, the 3 Tbs orange juice or tequila, the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place turkey breast in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a large bowl.
- Pour marinade over turkey.
- Seal bag; turn to coat breast.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Lift turkey breast from bag, reserving 1 cup of the marinade, cover reserved marinade and refrigerate until ready to make sauce.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Place turkey, skin side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer into thickest part of the breast, without touching bone.
- Roast, uncovered in a 325F oven for 2 1/4-2 1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 170F.
- Transfer turkey to a cutting board, cover with foil.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before carving Meanwhile, for margarita sauce, in a small saucepan stir the reserved marinade into cornstarch.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- To serve, thinly slice 1/3 of the turkey breast.
- Serve with the margarita sauce.
- Cut up and store remaining turkey as follows: Divide remaining turkey breast in half.
- Cube half (about 2 cups); shred the other half (about 2 cups) Place cube and shredded turkey in separate self-sealing plastic bags or freezer bags.
- Seal and refrigerate up to 3 days or label and freeze up to 3 months.
- *This turkey is great for Turkey Taco Salad or Turkey Tortilla Soup!
- Before using, thaw turkey overnight in refrigerator, if frozen.