Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy, simple and not too sweet, sweet potato recipe for the holidays. Delicious with the maple glaze! I may sprinkle with some chopped pecans for Thanksgiving, but they were great as is.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut potatoes into bite size pieces.
- Melt butter in cast iron or oven proof skillet.
- Add potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Add maple syrup, mix, and bring to a boil.
- Transfer skillet to oven.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, till slightly golden, well glazed and tender, about 20- 30 minutes Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Thanks for another simple easy recipe. I made these as part of the "pick a chef" thread. The taste is not over sweet and went well with some chicken breasts I put in the oven at the same time. Thanks for another keeper.
Oh my goodness was this good! Easy and delicious! The potatoes ended up swimming in the syrup and butter sauce though - so I think it really doesn't need that much syrup. I'll decrease the amount of syrup next time which I think will yield the same tasty dish but preserve some of my precious real maple syrup!
Gteat recipe!I didn't have any pure maple syrup, so I did end up using brown sugar with the butter instead(next time I will have to try it with the syrup).Using the cast iron pan made the potatoes carmelize--absolutely perfect!Thanks for posting