Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful squash dish. It is full of wonderful fall flavor and has a really neat texture from the chopped pecans.
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled,cooked,and mashed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped whole pecans
- Puree the squash with the butter and maple syrup until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Place in a greased casserole.
- Sprinkle the whole pecans on the top of the dish.
- This dish can be refrigerated for up to two days at this point.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes to warm through and lightly toast the whole pecans.
This was absolutely delicious. I didn't change a thing. DH swore he didn't like squash, but this recipe made a liar out of him!!! He loved it.