1/1 Photo of Make-ahead Glazed Sprouts & Onions
You don't have to make this dish ahead of time but it makes those special occasion dinners less hectic to prepare!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse sprouts, trim stems& remove loose outer leaves.
- 2Cut a cross in the stem bottoms.
- 3If larger than a walnut, cut in half.
- 4Seal in a plastic bag& refrigerate until ready to cook- up to 2 days.
- 5Slice onion into rings& cut rings in half.
- 6Saute in butter over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add broth, sugar, vinegar, pepper& salt (if using unsalted broth) and bring to a boil.
- 8let cool, place in a covered jar& refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- 9To assemble, combine sprouts& jar contents in a large pan set over medium-high heat.
- 10Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low.
- 11Partially cover& boil gently, stirring often, until sprouts are fork-tender, from 15- 17 minutes.
- 12Place in a serving dish& sprinkle with dill.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-ahead Glazed Sprouts & Onions
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 195.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g