You don't have to make this dish ahead of time but it makes those special occasion dinners less hectic to prepare!
- Rinse sprouts, trim stems& remove loose outer leaves.
- Cut a cross in the stem bottoms.
- If larger than a walnut, cut in half.
- Seal in a plastic bag& refrigerate until ready to cook- up to 2 days.
- Slice onion into rings& cut rings in half.
- Saute in butter over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, sugar, vinegar, pepper& salt (if using unsalted broth) and bring to a boil.
- let cool, place in a covered jar& refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- To assemble, combine sprouts& jar contents in a large pan set over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low.
- Partially cover& boil gently, stirring often, until sprouts are fork-tender, from 15- 17 minutes.
- Place in a serving dish& sprinkle with dill.