To me, the perfect romantic appetizer: rich luscious lobster with the kick of jalapeno. Found in a "healthy" cookbook, The 99% Fat-Free Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 12 ounces cooked lobster meat, , sliced
- 6 leaves red-leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- 2First, make the salsa: In your food processor, place the jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, and 1/4 cup of the cilantro leaves; process to a fine mince.
- 3Add the red and yellow tomatoes and pulse to a coarse chop.
- 4Transfer to a bowl, stir in the lime juice, and set aside.
- 5Put the tortillas in the oven, directly on the middle rack; bake for about 5 minutes or until toasted.
- 6Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and the wine in a nonstick frying pan; cook for 1 minute over low heat, just until liquid begins to smoke.
- 7Stir in the lobster meat, cover, and cook for 3 minutes; remove from the heat.
- 8Put the toasted tortillas on individual serving plates, topped with a handful of lettuce.
- 9Divide the salsa and lobster meat among the 4 tostadas and spoon a little of the cilantro/wine mixture over each serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.6
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 84.7 mg
- Sodium 298.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 19.7 g