Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
To me, the perfect romantic appetizer: rich luscious lobster with the kick of jalapeno. Found in a "healthy" cookbook, The 99% Fat-Free Cookbook.
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 12 ounces cooked lobster meat, , sliced
- 6 leaves red-leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 small white onion, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 yellow tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- First, make the salsa: In your food processor, place the jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, and 1/4 cup of the cilantro leaves; process to a fine mince.
- Add the red and yellow tomatoes and pulse to a coarse chop.
- Transfer to a bowl, stir in the lime juice, and set aside.
- Put the tortillas in the oven, directly on the middle rack; bake for about 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and the wine in a nonstick frying pan; cook for 1 minute over low heat, just until liquid begins to smoke.
- Stir in the lobster meat, cover, and cook for 3 minutes; remove from the heat.
- Put the toasted tortillas on individual serving plates, topped with a handful of lettuce.
- Divide the salsa and lobster meat among the 4 tostadas and spoon a little of the cilantro/wine mixture over each serving.
this was sooo good. the only change i made was add the cilantro to the wine and lobster at the last minute. but oh what an easy great dish!!! thanks lennie this will be a favorite around our place.