This salad is really delicious. It goes great at a party, pot luck supper, family get together, wedding, baby shower, or as an side dish with your favorite meal, barbecue or picnic...Try it, and enjoy!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, cut in half, then into thin slices
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green peppers or 1⁄2 cup red peppers or 1⁄2 cup orange bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, cut in half, then sliced thin
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, cooked, and drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried, and crumbled
- Fill a large trifle bowl or glass bowl with shredded lettuce.
- Add a layer of tomatoes, celery, peppers, onions, peas, and black olives in layers.
- Spread mayonnaise over top, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Top with cheeses, and sprinkle bacon over the cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 8 hours.