Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This salad is really delicious. It goes great at a party, pot luck supper, family get together, wedding, baby shower, or as an side dish with your favorite meal, barbecue or picnic...Try it, and enjoy!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, cut in half, then into thin slices
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green peppers or 1⁄2 cup red peppers or 1⁄2 cup orange bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, cut in half, then sliced thin
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, cooked, and drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried, and crumbled
- Fill a large trifle bowl or glass bowl with shredded lettuce.
- Add a layer of tomatoes, celery, peppers, onions, peas, and black olives in layers.
- Spread mayonnaise over top, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Top with cheeses, and sprinkle bacon over the cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 8 hours.
Thanks Linda for making my Easter dinner table a little more prettier. I chose to do this layered salad in a trifle bowl to show off all the colorful layers of salad. I chose celery, tomatoes, cucumber, boiled eggs, parmesan cheese and two kinds of shredded cheese. The skys the limit for what all you could put into this wonderful salad. I chose all things I knew my extended family would enjoy. I should also mention I used one bag of already cut up Hearts of Romaine lettuce:-) Made for 123Hits.~
I love layered salads! This was so good, although I did make a few changes. I left out the tomato(I didn't have enough), didn't cook the frozen peas, and used scallions with the red onion. I also left out the Parmesan. I took this to a church potluck and everyone loved it. There was none left to take home. Thanks! Made for the New Cookbooks tag game.