1/2 Photos of King's Arms Tavern Cream of Peanut Soup
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is our favorite from The Williamsburg Cookbook. We had to buy the cookbook after having this at the King's Arms Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg. It is quite tasty served hot with toasted breadsticks (see recipe titled "Colonial Soup-Servers") This soup can be served hot or cold. It is even good re-heated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion and celery in butter until soft.
- 2Do not brown.
- 3Stir in the flour until well blended.
- 4Add chicken broth/stock, stirring constantly and bring to a boil.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Puree in a food processor or blender.
- 7Add peanut butter and cream, stirring to blend thoroughly.
- 8Return to low heat and heat just until hot.
- 9Do not boil.
- 10Serve garnished with chopped peanuts.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King's Arms Tavern Cream of Peanut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.1
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 898.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 18.4 g