1 hr 15 mins
Chef #698556's Note:
This is my Christmas breakfast casserole. The recipe was given to me by a dear friend who brought it to the office Christmas brunch. Now that we have moved to a different town I make it for my family
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place thawed hashbrown potatoes between several layers of paper towels and press to absord excess water.
- 2Lightly spray 9x13 glass casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 3Cube bread in 1/2" cubes and place in even layer in bottom of casserole.
- 4Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese over bread layer.
- 5Beat eggs, evaporated milk and milk together, set aside.
- 6Brown sausage in large deep skillet,crumbling with edge of spatula. Drain fat.
- 7Place hashbrown potatoes in skillet and stir to mix with sausage until all is warm.
- 8Spread sausage and hashbrown potato mixture over bread and cheese layer.
- 9Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 c cheddar cheese.
- 11Pour egg and milk mixture evenly over entire casserole.
- 12Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 14Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kentucky Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.1
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 315.4 mg
- Sodium 1096.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 34.2 g