1/5 Photos of Kelly's Pumpkin Pie
1 hr 10 mins
This is my own recipe that I'm very proud to share. (I was gonna call it "Better than Libbys Pumpkin Pie" , but was afraid Libbys might get mad, LOL!) But....pssst!...it really is! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (both work) or 3/4 cup dark brown sugar (both work)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can libbys pumpkin, solid pack
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- Cool Whip
- 1Mix sugar, salt and spices in small bowl.
- 2In large bowl, beat eggs, stir in pumpkin, stir in spice mixture.
- 3Slowly stir in evaporated milk.
- 4(I always stir everything with a whisk, it stirs everything in better.) Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- 5Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, reduce temp to 350, bake 40-50 minutes longer.
- 6Pie is done when very center jiggles a little, like jello.
- 7And knife inserted about midway comes out clean.
- 8Cool for about 2 hours before serving.
- 9Pie will set up completely as it cools.
- 10*You can also make 2 (9") shallow pies out of this if desired.
- 11Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350, bake 20-30 minutes longer.
- 12* I have tried both pumpkin puree and solid pack pumpkin, the solid pack kind works MUCH better. DO NOT sub the puree.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 331.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g