This is a simple and fantastic retro-diner salad that is based on a recipe from the January 2003 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. Another rare recipe that my picky DH actually likes! I often serve this to compliment one of his BBQ's, and sometimes add tomato wedges, especially if I have some that are garden fresh.
- In medium bowl, whisk together mayo, 1/2 cup of the blue cheese, yogurt, buttermilk, and vinegar until nearly smooth.
- Mix in remaining blue cheese.
- Season with black pepper.
- (Dressing can be made 1 week ahead and stored in refrigerator).
- Arrange lettuce wedges on 8 plates.
- Spoon dressing over wedges.
- Sprinkle with green onions and season with additional black pepper.