1/1 Photo of Hot or Cold Sesame Asparagus
I love this dish because of it's versatility. Served hot it,s a side dish, cold it becomes a salad. Either way, it's delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water until almost crisp tender.
- 2If serving chilled, cook until crisp tender.
- 4Place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- 5Drain, pat dry, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 6Combine sesame oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 7Add asparagus.
- 8Saute about 2 minutes until crisp tender.
- 9Mix lemon juice with soy sauce.
- 10If serving cold, mix 2 T olive oil, sesame oil, lemon juice and soy sauce.
- 11Do not cook further.
- 12Toss with asparagus to coat.
- 13Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot or Cold Sesame Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 72.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g