I love this dish because of it's versatility. Served hot it,s a side dish, cold it becomes a salad. Either way, it's delicious.
- Cook asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water until almost crisp tender.
- If serving chilled, cook until crisp tender.
- Place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain, pat dry, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine sesame oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add asparagus.
- Saute about 2 minutes until crisp tender.
- Mix lemon juice with soy sauce.
- If serving cold, mix 2 T olive oil, sesame oil, lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Do not cook further.
- Toss with asparagus to coat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.