1/1 Photo of Hot Crab, Artichoke, and Jalapeno Spread
2 hrs 15 mins
This crock pot recipe frees up the oven during the busy holiday season. Serve this with tortilla chips or crackers. Recipe is from Canada's Best Slow Cooker Recipes by Donna-Marie Pye.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1In a nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat.
- 2Add jalapeño and red pepper; saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3Combine sauteed peppers with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 4Mix well and spoon into prepared slow cooker.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 21/2 hours. Do not stir.
- 6Alternatively, cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and then reduce to low to keep warm until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Crab, Artichoke, and Jalapeno Spread
Serving Size: 1 (725 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.4
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 1323.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: