Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of those heaven-on-earth experiences. This recipe was taken from epicurious.com and was originally used as a pumpkin pie garnish....but it is so amazing and so easy by itself that I just HAD TO share it here! I think it would be a PERFECT addition to any holiday tray. CAUTION: This is very addictive. it is common to consume mass quantities in one sitting. be warned!! :)
- Place large piece of foil on work surface.
- Stir sugar, honey, butter and salt in heavy medium skillet over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves, butter melts and syrup comes to simmer.
- Add pecans
- Cook until syrup turns deep caramel color and bubbles thickly.
- stir nuts occasionally to coat (about 9 minutes)
- Scrape onto foil
- WORKING QUICKLY, separate nuts with spoon.
- Cool completely.
- Break candy apart into desired sizes (NOTE: this is why the yield/servings is a guesstimate).
- Place in airtight container.
- You may now eat a piece of heaven -- or five pieces -- (if you haven't done so by now!).
great base, I felt it needed more salt... even though I used salted butter. I'm definitely making again, I might try with pistachios.