This is one of those heaven-on-earth experiences. This recipe was taken from epicurious.com and was originally used as a pumpkin pie garnish....but it is so amazing and so easy by itself that I just HAD TO share it here! I think it would be a PERFECT addition to any holiday tray. CAUTION: This is very addictive. it is common to consume mass quantities in one sitting. be warned!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place large piece of foil on work surface.
- 2Stir sugar, honey, butter and salt in heavy medium skillet over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves, butter melts and syrup comes to simmer.
- 3Add pecans
- 4Cook until syrup turns deep caramel color and bubbles thickly.
- 5stir nuts occasionally to coat (about 9 minutes)
- 6Scrape onto foil
- 7WORKING QUICKLY, separate nuts with spoon.
- 8Cool completely.
- 9Break candy apart into desired sizes (NOTE: this is why the yield/servings is a guesstimate).
- 10Place in airtight container.
- 11You may now eat a piece of heaven -- or five pieces -- (if you haven't done so by now!).
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Pecan Candy
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 6.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 0.3 g