Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great snack mix for holiday parties, I use red/green M&Ms for Xmas, pastel for Easter, all pink or all blue for baby showers, etc. Makes plenty...it's better to give them away so you don't eat them all yourself...very addicting.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag vanilla chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts (lightly salted)
- 1⁄2-1 lb bagplain M&M's plain chocolate candy (holiday colors)
- Combine dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Melt vanilla chips in double boiler or low heat in saucepan.
- Pour melted chips over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Lay out waxed paper on counter and pour mixture onto it and allow to cool.
- Break into smaller chunks and store in airtight container.
This mix makes excellent Christmas gifts for teachers, neighbors, co-workers, etc. It's hard to stop eating the mix once you start. Perfect blend of sweet and salty.
Really liked this recipe. Doesn't take long to make and it sets up quick too. The only problem is hiding it long enough to give as gifts!
I made this for Christmas goodie baskets and it was a big hit!! I did not use the Oatmeal Squares and just adjusted the rest of the cerals accordingly. I also used the store brand of ceral. This is a keeper.