This salad makes a lovely presentation at your holiday table --- feel free to add in other ingredients to the salad, I also like to add in chopped apples just before serving, The dressing must be added in just before serving :)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 small red onion (thinly sliced or chopped) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (cubed very small, or use mozzarella cheese)
- 6 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (peeled and sliced, can use more or less eggs)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- In a medium glass salad bowl combine the broccoli florets, cauliflower florets with red onion slices (if using) cubed cheese, crumbled bacon and dried cranberries or raisins.
- For the dressing; (add in dressing just before serving) in a bowl whisk the mayonnaise with sugar and wine vinegar together until smooth, season with black pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad; toss to combine with the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the top with sliced almonds, then place the egg slices around the bowl.
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner and everyone enjoyed. I used veggie bacon and no one knew the difference. I used a mix of raisins and dried cranberries. My youngest daughter just loves broccoli salad and so I gave her some of the leftovers. Thanks! Made for Zaar Tag.