1/2 Photos of Harvest Green Beans
Kozmic Blues's Note:
From the Penzey's Spice Catalogue! I was asked by my mom to bring this recipe for Thanksgiving this year. (Feel free to use agave nectar in place of the honey to make it 100% vegan friendly). I was really excited that my mother chose this recipe because it is a nice change from the usual "Green Bean Caserole" we've all seen so many times. For those of you who aren't familiar with Penzey's spice blend Mural of Flavor, it is a salt-free mix of: shallots, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, basil, coriander, lemon peel, citric acid, black pepper, chives, green peppercorns, dill weed, and orange peel. I've listed it as "salt-free seasoning" because Recipezaar's database does not contain Penzey's spices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the beans, and cut the stem end off. (this can be done a day ahead of time).
- 2To cook: Bring a pot of water (at least 2 quarts) to a rolling boil.
- 3While the water is coming to a boil, heat the butter/oil in a medium pan and simmer on low with the pecans.
- 4Once they are lightly browned, add the SESAME SEEDS and MURAL OF FLAVOR.
- 5Add the green beans to boiling water and cook 2 minutes.
- 6Drain and rinse the beans to stop the cooking, but leave them warm.
- 7Drizzle the pecan mix with the honey, stir regularly, then when the beans have been drained and rinsed, add them to the pan and toss with the seasoned nut mix.
- 8Place in a serving bowl.
- 9Cover the bowl with foil and place in a warm oven until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Harvest Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: