Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Isle of Jersey, United Kingdom
Make and share this Gypsy Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Scramble the eggs into the milk.
- Melt butter or margarine in a frying pan.
- Dip your bread into the mix to soak it- its best if you use a large bowl for this.
- When the bread is soaked through with the mix, fry it till its golden brown on both sides.
- Top the toast with jam, honey, or powdered sugar, if desired.
Easy, fast and economical. I use my own homemade bread and slice it thick. Yummy with syrup.
Hey- I think this recipe was stolen!!!
This is awesome. It is really easy to make. This recipe will make about 5 or 6 slices. It is nicer with bread that you have to cut yourself as you can cut thicker slices. I serve mine with maple syrup.