Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a must at your holiday dinner table for Thanksgiving or Christmas, it's an easy salad to put together and is really good! You can make your own recipe for raspberry walnut vinaigrette, or use the one with this recipe, this recipe goes back years and is from Gourmet magazine and I make it quite often, it's really good, or you can purchase a good-quality dressing.
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried sweetened cranberries (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds or 1⁄3 cup toasted walnuts
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 1 red onion (sliced) (optional)
RASBERRY AND WALNUT VINAIGRETTE
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- In a large bowl toss together the salad greens, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and tomatoes.
- Top with diced avocado and onion slices (if using) then drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette.
- For the dressing; in a bowl whisk together the mustard, vinegar; add in the oils in a slow steam whisking until the mixture is emulsified.
- Season with salt, then add in the tarragon.
- Serve on or on the side of the salad.
Great salad! Everyone loved it. I did skip the avocado and add some crumbled cheese instead. It was great.
Perfect salad to serve for the holidays, I have to say that purchased the Kraft dressing, forgive me Kit, next time I will make the salad with the dressing, we all loved this at my holiday table, thank you for suggesting it to me my friend.
This is a very good salad that is very colorful. I couldn't find the raspberry vinegar or walnut salad at the grocery store, but I was able to find a ready made Wishbone light Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette that is very good and is an easy and time saving alternative.