This is a must at your holiday dinner table for Thanksgiving or Christmas, it's an easy salad to put together and is really good! You can make your own recipe for raspberry walnut vinaigrette, or use the one with this recipe, this recipe goes back years and is from Gourmet magazine and I make it quite often, it's really good, or you can purchase a good-quality dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried sweetened cranberries (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds or 1/3 cup toasted walnuts
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 1 red onion (sliced) (optional)
RASBERRY AND WALNUT VINAIGRETTE
- 1In a large bowl toss together the salad greens, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and tomatoes.
- 2Top with diced avocado and onion slices (if using) then drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette.
- 3For the dressing; in a bowl whisk together the mustard, vinegar; add in the oils in a slow steam whisking until the mixture is emulsified.
- 4Season with salt, then add in the tarragon.
- 5Serve on or on the side of the salad.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greens and Cranberry Holiday Dinner Side Salad
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.0
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens