Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe from Gourmet magazine is a nice change of pace from your regular old green beans! If you like Green Goddess salad dressing, you’ll like these beans. :)
- Fill a 6 to 8 quart pot full of water, add a teaspoon of salt, and bring it to a boil.
- Prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Place the beans in the salted boiling water, uncovered, and cook until just tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a colander, drain, and immediately plunge into the bowl of ice water to halt the cooking.
- When the beans have cooled, drain and pat dry.
- In a blender, combine the parsley, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, lemon juice, anchovy paste, salt, and pepper, and blend until smooth to make the dressing.
- Place beans in a bowl and combine with the dressing; toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: you can make the dressing 1 day ahead and store covered in refrigerator, if desired.