Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This side dish recipe makes ordinary green beans company fare. Plus, they're easy. We like them warm or even room temperature. I found this years ago in Bon Appetit.
- Cook beans in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- While the beans are boiling, cook bacon in a medium skillet until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Add shallot to skillet and saute 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir vinegar into shallot mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over green beans and toss until coated.
- Crumble bacon over.
This recipe is something like my mother used to make. I used a rich balsamic vinegar to kick it up a notch. My family loved it.
Very nice side dish. I have even used this with frozen green beans and it turned out fine. Will keep this in my recipe book.