Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend, Amy, gave me this recipe for Thanksgiving and it was a hit. Great if you want a fast and easy preparation that is healthy. You may double depending upon your crowd. This recipe calls for a pound of fresh beans and 3 onions.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add beans and cook 6 minutes or until crisp tender; drain, keep warm.
- Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add onions and saute 8 minutes for until browned.
- Add broth; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vinegar and remaining ingredients.
- Stir in beans; cover and cook 2 minutes.
My husband really liked these. I like a different flavor in green beans (garlic and oil). The onions were amazing! I only had one red onion and some shallots so I used those. Thank you.
Yum! These green beans have a slightly sweet glaze that is a great blend of flavors. This dish would be an excellent side to almost any dinner. I like that it is easy enough for a weeknight, but special enough for company.