This is another holiday staple at my house. I have had it every way known, and it seems to have become an American holiday staple, but I still like it this way best. I think the frozen green beans is the closest to summer as you can get in the middle of winter. Canned just does not cut it.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen French-cut green beans
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- Put the frozen green beans in a casserole dish.
- Put the cream of mushroom soup in and mix to combine.
- Add about two tablespoons of water to dish and put the French fried onions on top and press down slightly to compact the mix.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 to 45 minutes or until the onions are browned.
- If you like your green beans a little crunchy, cut the cooking time, if you like them really soft, then cook them longer.
- Serve hot.
Can't go wrong with this one. A Classic!