Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I think I got this recipe from the NY Times.
Make and share this Green Bean and Mushroom Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 quart water
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- Bring water to a boil and add the beans and salt and cook 5 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain and cool.
- Wash and dry the mushrooms and slice them thinly.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking together the mustard, vinegar, cumin, Tobasco, salt and pepper. Slowly add the oil while whisking vigorously.
- In a salad bowl add the beans, mushrooms, onion and parlsey. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and toss well but gently.
What a great salad. Something different. I used frozen green beans, since fresh did not look too good. I added a little more vinigar and also a little Splenda. One of the ladiies this was served to suggested Chopped pemientoes since it would look festive for the holidays. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Ingrid