Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe online years ago. It's simple and you can use any flavor of alcohol to substitute for the Grand Marnier.
- In heavy saucepan over low heat melt butter.
- Add cocoa; stir until smooth.
- Blend in milk; stir constantly until mixture is thick, smooth and glossy, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and Grand Marnier (or other alcohol of choice).
- Chill 3 - 4 hours until firm.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in cocoa or confectioners sugar.
- Chill until firm, 1-2 hours.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Like Farm Gal I found it to be too runny but after adding 1 cup of white choc pieces it stiffened sufficiently.
These have a sinfully terrific taste (used Bacardi Gold Rum in them) BUT, they were way too runny to even attempt to make a ball - even after overnight in the fridge. So we just spooned it out of the pan. Next time will try to cut back on the "wet" ingredients a bit to try to thicken it a little more.