1/3 Photos of Graham Cracker Cake With Buttercream Frosting
I had this once on a stop in Georgia & fell in love with it... it was so comforting I just loved it! I made it one time nut-free by substituting white chocolate chips instead of nuts for a friend with a nut allergy - I served it as Christmas Cake for her Holiday Party & I loved it even more that way - it was sweet & decadent! I'm posting the traditional recipe though, but at least you see that substitutions are not always a bad thing :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped (or pecans)
- nonstick cooking spray (Bakers Joy to prep. cake pans)
- 1Combine cake mix, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, water and egg whites in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Blend on medium speed for 3-5 minutes with electric mixer.
- 3Stir in nuts by hand.
- 4Spray 2 9 inch round cake pans with Bakers Joy & pour in the cake batter.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- 6Frost only when completely cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Graham Cracker Cake With Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.0
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 558.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 129.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g