This bread is best when made with "I Can't Believe It's Not Gluten! Gluten-Free Cake Flour Mix" (I Can't Believe It's Not Gluten! Gluten-Free Cake Flour Mix) but any all-purpose gluten-free flour mix that uses mostly rice flour can be used as long as it contains xanthan or guar gum. Eat it warm, or toast individual slices and serve with butter.
- 3 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (mix must contain xanthan or guar gum)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups defrosted frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup non-dairy milk substitute
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest or 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a large loaf pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar with electric beater or mixer. Add butter or margarine, milk or milk substitute, orange juice, zest and vanilla. Slowly beat in baking soda, baking powder, salt, all spices and flour. Mix until combined.
- Gently fold in chopped cranberries. Pour into loaf pan and smooth the top of the loaf with a rubber spatula. Bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool slightly in loaf pan before inverting onto cooling rack.