A quick and easy skillet dish. Perfect for the fall apple harvest season.
Make and share this Glazed Pork Chops and Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook pork chops for 5 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a full boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center and sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This was extremely delicious! I had 3 large pork steaks and I used 2 peeled Granny smith apples. Made as directed, except I used 1/4 tsp dried rosemary, and I used brown seeded mustard. Once I added the sauce, I simmered uncovered on low for about 1/2 hour. The sauce was delicious, the pork tender, and the apples still had a wonderful texture (not mushy). This is a definite keeper, thanks Lorac. I'm posting a photo too!
Very easy but very delicious. I would reduce the sugar a bit the next time. Other than that. It was great. Thank you.
This dish was excellent! I did add 1 Tablespoon of Cornstarch with 1/3 cup of apple juice at the end just to thicken the sauce a little. I will be making this again.