1/1 Photo of Gingerbread With Pears Low Fat & Low Calorie
This sounds wonderful even without Graham Kerr's low fat, low sugar twists! But then, I'm an admitted ginger-head. Plus, I'm dieting and hungry. ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 3 (6 ounce) pears, ripe but firm, Bosc recommended
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular, Granular for baking
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1Partially fill a bowl with water and add lemon juice. Peel the pears and cut them into quarters. Chop 2 pears into a small dice & place the pieces in the lemon water. Slice each quarter of the 3rd pear in 4 long pieces. Place them in the water.
- 2Heat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9"-X-13" baking dish with cooking spray & dust lightly with flour.
- 3Combine the oil, egg, buttermilk and molasses in medium bowl.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk the flours, Splenda, baking powder & soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger & cloves. Add the wet ingredients & mix gently.
- 5Drain the pears and set long slices aside. Stir the chopped pear pieces & the chopped ginger into the batter.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan. Arrange long pear slices on top & sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 7Bake for 25 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread With Pears Low Fat & Low Calorie
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 197.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: