Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an excellent cake for potlucks or for any occasion! There are a couple of other German Apple Cake recipes on here, but this one is different. Prep time is approximate.
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 946.36 ml chopped peeled tart apples
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 9.85 ml butter or 9.85 ml margarine, softened
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter.
- Add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth.
- Spread over cake.
- Refrigerate leftovers.