1 hr 20 mins
This mashed potato casserole can be made ahead and frozen or refrigerated. It's great for dinner parties, and the kids love it! You can add virtually anything to it and it's still delicious! Try with a variety of beef and slow cooker dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes (skins on)
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes (peeled)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 pint light sour cream
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup romano cheese or 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup light grated cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh chives
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1Cut potatoes into cubes.
- 2Boil in salted water for 15 min.
- 3or until tender.
- 4Mash manually with butter and cream cheese.
- 5Mix in other ingredients and blend with hand mixer until desired texture is reached.
- 6Add milk if you like a smoother texture.
- 7Place in coated casserole and bake at 350 degrees for half hour or until heated through and brown on top.
- 8Top with chopped parsley.
- 9This can be made with virtually any combination of cheeses, including bleu or asiago.
- 10Other add ins include: bacon, ham, carmelized onions, shallots, or garlic and any herb you think sounds good.
- 11Try it with fresh ground horseradish!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garbage Mashed Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Sodium 170.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g