Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I watched this years the National Pie Championships held by the American Pie Council(2006) and was just in awe at the creative recipes that were entered. This southern entry had the pickiest of judges raving. I have found conflicting information on who entered this pie...when I figure it out I will return with the right name.
- In a saucepan mix the gelatin and water let sit 1 minute. Cook over low heat until dissolved, stirring constantly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gelatin mixture, marshmallow, and creme de menthe and mix well.
- Refrigerate until mixture mounds when dropped from spoon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into gelatin mix.
- Add candies and mound into pie crust. Garnish with whipped cream and additional candies, optional. Refrigerate overnight.