Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I watched this years the National Pie Championships held by the American Pie Council(2006) and was just in awe at the creative recipes that were entered. This southern entry had the pickiest of judges raving. I have found conflicting information on who entered this pie...when I figure it out I will return with the right name.
- In a saucepan mix the gelatin and water let sit 1 minute. Cook over low heat until dissolved, stirring constantly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gelatin mixture, marshmallow, and creme de menthe and mix well.
- Refrigerate until mixture mounds when dropped from spoon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into gelatin mix.
- Add candies and mound into pie crust. Garnish with whipped cream and additional candies, optional. Refrigerate overnight.
I made this for a New Years dessert....really good and minty! Chocolate and mint are hard to beat! I think it tasted even better after being in the fridge for a couple of days. I used a homemade oreo cookie crust, but a chocolate graham cracker crust would be good too. Thanks!
Green & Minty - perfect for the office St. Patrick's Day potluck. This pie was very tasty and EASY to make. I've been asked to share the recipe and will do so.
There is not enough words to describe, how good this mint chocolate pie is! No baking required, either!