1/8 Photos of Five Minute Goober and Raisinette Fudge Wreath - Rachael Ray
Saw Rachael Ray and Oprah make this on an Oprah holiday party show. It took me 7 minutes, but who's counting! To give as a gift, wrap in cellophane and tie with a bow. Add an ornament or candy cane to make it festive. Try other variations such as Five-Minute Fudge Wreaths, and Five Minute White Chocolate Fudge With Pistachio and Cranberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (save the can)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole large peanuts (peeled Virginia peanuts are a great choice, original recipe calls for 1-1/2 cups, but it seemed to b)
- 1/2 cup large raisins
- candied red cherries
- candied green cherries, to decorate top (like holly)
- 1Pour the chips, condensed milk and vanilla into a medium saucepan. Put the pan on the stove and turn the heat to low. (Stir occasionally while you prepare pan).
- 2Butter an 8-inch round cake pan with softened butter. (I found it easier to remove from the pan if you lined bottom with parchment paper and buttered the sides).
- 3Cover the empty condensed milk can with plastic wrap and put it in the center of the round cake pan.
- 4Stir the chips and milk until they melt together, about 3 minutes. (Make sure fudge is warm, smooth and shiny--warm enough that it won't set up instantly when you stir in the cooler nuts and raisins). Stir in peanuts and raisins. Scoop the fudge into the cake pan all around the plastic-covered can in the center to form a wreath or ring shape. Let it be all bumpy on top. If the fudge moves the can off center, move it back in place.
- 5Cut the red cherries in half with scissors and the green cherries into quarters. Use the green pieces to make leaves and the red to make holly berries. Decorate the fudge with several groups of holly berry sprigs made from the cherries and garnish with peanuts between the sprigs.
- 6Put the fudge in the refrigerator and chill until firm (about a half hour). Remove the can from the center, then loosen the sides and bottom of the fudge with a spatula (you won't need to do this if you took my advice about the parchment paper!). Cut the fudge into thin slices to serve.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five Minute Goober and Raisinette Fudge Wreath - Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.7
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 31.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g