9 hrs 36 mins
1 hr 36 mins
Traditional pepper cookies, in the Finnish way.
My Private Note
dozen t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine the syrup, cinnamon, allspice, pepper, cloves, ginger, butter, and sugar, and bring it to a boil.
- 2Remove the mixture from the heat, transfer it into a bowl, and let cool.
- 3Stir in the egg, cream, soda, and flour; cover and place in the refrigerator and let chill overnight.
- 4When ready to make cookies, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 5Roll the dough out very thin, using about 1/2 cup of the dough at a time and cut it into your desired shapes.
- 6Lightly grease a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until the cookies are lightly brown, crisp but not too dark.
- 7Recipe makes about 8 dozen 2-inch cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finnish Pepper Cookies - Piparkakut
Serving Size: 1 (2624 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1345.0
- Calories from Fat 532
- Total Fat 59.1 g
- Saturated Fat 36.4 g
- Cholesterol 189.2 mg
- Sodium 1043.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 190.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 61.4 g
- Protein 16.4 g