Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 36 mins
Traditional pepper cookies, in the Finnish way.
Make and share this Finnish Pepper Cookies - Piparkakut recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan, combine the syrup, cinnamon, allspice, pepper, cloves, ginger, butter, and sugar, and bring it to a boil.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, transfer it into a bowl, and let cool.
- Stir in the egg, cream, soda, and flour; cover and place in the refrigerator and let chill overnight.
- When ready to make cookies, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the dough out very thin, using about 1/2 cup of the dough at a time and cut it into your desired shapes.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until the cookies are lightly brown, crisp but not too dark.
- Recipe makes about 8 dozen 2-inch cookies.
Simply good. Not too sweet and easy to make and bake. I actually did not roll them out because I had to make a zillion and did not have the time. So I dropped them by rounded teaspoon and they were good...probably a litte softer than if they were rolled out, but all the flavors were still there. All the ingredients you heat up before adding the flour etc would make a great pancake, waffle or french toast syrup.