Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
So good you will fight over the spoon to get the last bite.
Make and share this Fight over the Spoon Creamed Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed (see directions on box)
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- Melt butter in sauce or skillet pan.
- Add onions, garlic, nutmeg and sautee until onions are soft.
- Add heavy cream, stir frequently.
- Add vanilla, bacon salt & pepper.
- Let stand on low heat.
- Add cooked spinach to mixture and stir.
- Let spinach cook on low heat and absorb mixture.
- Serve immediately.
I made this at Thanksgiving & it was really wonderful. I just loved it! I don't have many spinach eaters in my family but made it anyway b/c I love spinach. Really, really good & rich. I was glad that I had some left to put in the freezer to take out later & enjoy all over again. This dish freezes really great as well. Thanks!