This is like escargots only using mushrooms instead of the snails, toast the bread cubes well in advance to save time --- this is so delicious!
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Toast the bread cubes in baking sheet, stirring once until golden and crisp (about 8 minutes).
- Meanwhile melt butter with the garlic, salt and pepper on top of the stove in a small saucepan or in the microwave.
- Place the button mushrooms in the baking dish and toss well with the butter/garlic mixture.
- Bake the mushrooms stirring occasionally until soft and juicy (about 15-20 minutes).
- JUST BEFORE SERVING, toss the mushrooms with the browned croutons and parsley.
- Divide mushroom mixture evenly into smaller serving bowls, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, or just serve in one serving dish.