1/3 Photos of Estonian Barley Skillet Bread
1 hr 10 mins
A traditional Estonia bread that I am told is normally eaten warm with butter and honey. Sounds great to me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the dry ingredients and caraway seeds (if using) together in a large dish.
- 2Whisk together the egg, buttermilk, and vegetable oil.
- 3Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended. Do not over mix. You will get something between batter and dough.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 5Brush an 8 inch cast-iron skillet with the butter.
- 6Spoon the mixture into the skillet and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- 7Sprinkle the remaining butter over the top.
- 8Bake until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean for about 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Estonian Barley Skillet Bread
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 283.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 8.3 g