An Italian favorite. This soup is delicious and a meal in itself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground sirloin or 1/2 lb ground veal
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup garlic-flavored croutons, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1In a mixing bowl combine all of the meatball ingredients.
- 2Mix well with your hands, then shape into 24 walnut sized meatballs.
- 3In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- 4Saute the meatballs 12 at a time until golden brown on all sides.
- 5Remove to a plate and set aside.
- 6Add the remaining olive oil and onion to the pot and saute until the onion is soft.
- 7Add the garlic and continue to saute for another couple of minutes.
- 8Stir in the escarole and cook over low heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until it wilts (3 minutes).
- 9Add the broth and meatballs and bring to a boil; then simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- 10Serve hot, sprinkled with the remaining cheese and the cayenne pepper for garnish.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Escarole Soup With Meatballs (Low Carb & High Protein)
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.6
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.4 mg
- Sodium 1631.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 32.2 g