Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy deep dish pumpkin custard with a strudel topping. Lower fat and sugar than similar recipes. This is the crust recipe I use for all of my pies, easy: deb k's Shake-A-Pie Crust If desired, top with Cool Whip Free. I made this for Thanksgiving this year; I think it was best served cold the next day. I my Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge with the leftover evaporate milk, both were a big hit!!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 8 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare 9-inch deep dish pie crust.
- Using an electric mixer, combine eggs whites, egg substitute, sugars, evaporated milk until combined. Add pumpkin, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and, if using, salt and mix on medium speed until there are no lumps.
- Pour custard into 9 inch deep dish pastry. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients (except butter) and then cut in butter until you have coarse crumbs.
- Remove pie from oven. Add topping and return pie to oven for 15-20 minutes. Watch edges and cover with foil if becoming overly dark. Custard filling should not be 'jiggly' (like when you removed from oven to put topping on).
- Cool on wire rack. Store in fridge for long-term storage.
- Top with dollop of fat-free Cool Whip before serving.