Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet and Oh so GOOOOOOOD layered pie! Will fill that crave for rich chocolate.
Make and share this Dark, Rich, Creamy, Dense Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie! recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked and cooled
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
- Peanut butter layer:.
- Heat peanut butter in micro just to soften.
- Stir in powdered sugar till smooth. Pour and spread into prepared pie shell.
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart pyrex measuring cup.
- Combine egg yolks and milk add to dry ingredients.
- Cook in micro, whisking occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Microwave for 1 minute more.
- Remove from micro, whisk pie mixture smooth.
- Whisk in butter and vanilla.
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips, stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended.
- Pour over peanut layer.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with your choice and do enjoy! :).
The instructions are great and it is easy to make. Peanut butter filling had just the right amount of sweetness. However the chocolate's flavor and texture could be improved - IMO the cornstarch gives the chocolate a texture that doesn't marry well with the rest of the pie.
I really loved this pie! I made it for Thanksgiving and I got so many compliments on it. Be warned: when you eat this pie, make sure you have a huge glass of milk with it!
We liked this pie. It was like eating a peanut butter cup. Pretty rich tasting even without the garnishes. Thanks Rita L. Bullwinkle.