Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This crust is very simular to a couple others posted here. :) I've used this one MANY times and it's always delicious.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut in shortening.
- (Should make small crumbles.).
- In a measuring cup, measure water, vinegar and egg.
- Mix well.
- Pour liquid into shortening mixture.
- Blend together but don't over work dough.
- Divide into 4 balls.
- Makes two pies with lids or 4 pie crusts.
- **Ibake my pies at 425 for 40-50 minutes.
- **Freezes well.
This was my second time making a pie crust. I cut the recipe in half as I didn't want tops. It worked out wonderfully and baked fluffy even under my filling!
flaky, and yummy!!! Thanks so much!!!!!!!