Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Janice made for Thanksgiving 06 swap
Make and share this Crunchy Green Bean Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- # Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- # Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- # In a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish, mix together the bacon, soup, water chestnuts, milk, green beans and pinch of black pepper.
- # Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- # Stir and top with French fried onions. Bake for 5 additional minutes or until onions are golden brown.
Green bean casserole with a twist that my mom never tried. Mom use to make this when we were kids. Now my sister is the *green bean casserole lady* of the family. lol I liked the water chestnuts in this, like I said mom never used these. They give a great crunch. I'll share the addition of the water chestnuts with my sister. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game