1/2 Photos of Creamed Spinach Gratin
This can be made the day ahead and then quickly reheated under the broiler for a few minutes. Recipe submitted by Julianne Gilland to Sunset Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter a shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart baking dish.
- 2Squeeze out as much water as possible from the spinach (use your hands or a clean kitchen towel); set aside.
- 3Heat spinach and cream in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 4Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese to melt.
- 5Stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 6Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 7Transfer spinach mixture to buttered baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 8Just before serving, place dish in the oven 5 to 6 inches below a broiler set to high; broil until top is golden and crunchy, about 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Spinach Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.6 mg
- Sodium 364.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 9.5 g