1/1 Photo of Creamed Peas
These peas are delicious served on toast! You could make this using half and half cream or 18% table cream although it will not be a creamy. If you are using water, then you might want to add in 1-2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder to the water when boiling but that is optional. This complete recipe may be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 2/3 cup chicken broth (or use water)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste) (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (to taste) (optional)
- salt and black pepper (to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 1In a medium saucepan combine the peas with chicken broth or water; and garlic powder (if using) bring to a simmer then add in butter (do not drain the broth or water).
- 2In a small bowl whisk together whipping cream with flour and sugar until smooth then add to the peas; cook stirring over medium-high heat stirring/whisking constantly until thick and bubbly (about 4 minutes).
- 3Mix in Parmesan cheese (if using) then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Peas
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.4
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.0 mg
- Sodium 705.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 17.4 g