1/1 Photo of Cream Cheese Caramel Walnut Apple Pie
1 hr 5 mins
This is a double crusted apple pie with a bottom layer of cream cheese and a thin layer of caramel over the apple filling. Absolutely marvelous flavor!
My Private Note
Deep di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 deep dish pie shells
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples (peeled)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1 (16 ounce) container whipped dessert topping (optional) or 1 (16 ounce) container whipped cream (optional)
- 2 (6 ounce) packages softened cream cheese
- 1Preheat oven and a cookie sheet to 400ºF.
- 2Stir together the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- 3Toss with the apples, vanilla and almond extract in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Press softened cream cheese into bottom of the pie shell.
- 5Pour the apple mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- 6Drizzle the caramel topping over the top.
- 7Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 8Place the top crust over this and flute the edges.
- 9Cut slits in the top crust or poke with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- 10Sprinkle with sugar,and place on the preheated cookie sheet.
- 11Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until golden brown.
- 12Cover edges with foil to prevent them from burning.
- 13Cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- 14Serve with whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream and coffee.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Caramel Walnut Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.9
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.6 mg
- Sodium 536.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g