Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very flavorful and low fat.
Make and share this Cranberry, Pear, and Ginger Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups finely chopped, peeled Anjou pears (, , about 3 pears)
- 1 1⁄3 cups orange juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried currants or 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
I got this recipe from Cooking Light last year and made it for Thanksgiving. Looked for it this year, finally found it here. This is an excellent and fresh-tasting take on the old-fashioned cranberry sauce. This would be excellent at other times of the year besides the holidays as well. Thanks for posting!
DH brought home FRESH cranberries from Minneapolis, so I made this to go w/some pork chops. A VERY good recipe but it was a wee bit too tart. I think I'll add 1c brown sugar next time.