This is a lovely party appetizer. I especially like it at Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Set aside, and let cool.
- Remove rind from top of Brie, cutting to within 1/2-inch of outside edges.
- Place cheese on a baking sheet; spoon cranberry mixture over top.
- Bake at 300ºF for 20 minutes, or until cheese is softened, but not melted.
- Transfer cheese to a serving platter; garnish, if desired.
- Serve with assorted crackers.