1/3 Photos of Cracked Black Pepper Crusted Filet Medallions (With Cremini)
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
This has been my favorite dish in ALL food categories for some time now. Thankfully, I don't have a weight or heart problem...yet. ;o) I recommend using filet mignon and Italian cremini mushrooms as they are an integral part of the resulting flavor. I love the way the pepper is tempered by the cream sauce. Just typing this out has prompted me to make this again tonight. Let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE MEAT
- 4 (8 ounce) center cut beef tenderloin steaks (can use sirloin steaks, but of course, it's not the same)
- 4 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
FOR THE CREAM SAUCE
- 1While heating the oil and 1 T of butter in a large sauté pan over medium high heat, season the tenderloins with cracked black pepper and salt.
- 2Place the tenderloins in the hot pan and sauté for 4 minutes, then turn and sauté for 3 minutes.
- 3Cover with foil and set aside.
- 4Slice mushrooms and set aside.
- 5Heat 2 T soft butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- 6When hot, add shallots and mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the minced garlic and sauté until it becomes soft.
- 8Add the heavy cream and steak juice from set-aside plate and reduce by one-third.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Finally, add the basil and keep warm.
- 11Have little hope of keeping your arteries open while enjoying this awesome dish.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cracked Black Pepper Crusted Filet Medallions (With Cremini)
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.6
- Calories from Fat 680
- Total Fat 75.5 g
- Saturated Fat 36.4 g
- Cholesterol 297.5 mg
- Sodium 2179.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 47.9 g